Saturday, June 28, 2008

BooBoo & Schmoo.

One thing in life that i should definitely be used to by now is saying goodbye. Especially since now is probably the biggest time for saying goodbye of my life! But no matter how many time i have to say it, it never gets any easier. Honestly, sometimes i dont care that i wont see people anymore. I just wish them the best of luck in life and then we go our separate ways. But then there are those people who are just hard to let go...
So i met this guy named Rick this year & me and him became really good friends really fast. But he's a future Marine, too, so i knew all along that i'd have to say goodbye to him eventually.And i had this theory...If i start to separate myself from him, it wont hurt so bad when i have to say goodbye later. Wrong. And i tried it with Rick, because i know that he will be, by far, the hardest person to see go. But in the end i realized that i was just hurting myself because i wasnt spending any time with him. And i realized that it wasnt getting any easier when i'd start feeling low every time someone talked about him going off to basic.
And i feel so dumb because im crying over him leaving and i probably shouldnt be. And i know that all of the little things are gunna be what gets to me after he leaves. We have a lot of memories made and i honestly dont think that him or anyone else is going to understand how much im going to miss him. And when i think about it , i realize that he's made such a difference in my life and changed me in ways that i didnt realize needed changing. A lot happened this year and there's no one else i would have been able to spend those late nights talking to...
...or crying to once i thought things were too much to handle.
I just couldnt picture being so close to any other guy in the time that we've been friends. And i wouldnt trade the memories for anything. And there's this joke with a lot of our friends that we're going to get married one day...and although i dont think it will ever go that far i know that we'll at least be friends for life.
hhmmm...i love my schmookiddy.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Lanena Junese----I LOVE YOU!! You are BEAUTIFUL. I loved reading your blog entries....although few....teeheehee...When I read them it's so hard to believe you are YOU....all grown up. The last time I saw you, you were about Nikki's age now. It's been about 5 years I think....right after we moved here and shortly before you moved there. It's been quite a few years anyways you cut it yet you STILL have and will ALWAYS have a MOST SPECIAL place in my heart. :) I hope you KNOW if you EVER need anything I am ALWAYS here for you. Always!!
Congratulations again on your Graduation. You are in my prayers always. No stress, no stress...God IS with you--ALWAYS!!!
All my love sweetheart,
Ahorra y Siempre,
Stacey